Do you suffer from sensitive skin and struggle to find a natural skincare product?
Bee Good skincare products use natural ingredients, including honey, beeswax and propolis from British Bees, making them a soothing and effective option for eczema.
If you were to buy just one product, which would we recommend?
Sensitive skin can burden many people and become debilitating in many situations we all take for granted. Whether caused by genetics, allergies and other environmental factors, or reactions to harsh products or medication, treating sensitive skin with dedicated, natural products is essential.
Age and hormonal changes, such as menopause, also play their part as your skin changes. So, what can you do to minimise irritation and inflammation if you are suffering from sensitive skin?
- Any new product you use may cause a potential issue. So, always start small. In the same way that salons ask you to have a patch test when using certain skin products, you should test products on a small patch of skin for a few days to see if there is a reaction.
- Always choose gentle and natural skincare products. Not all skincare products labelled as suitable for sensitive skin actually are. Get to know individual ingredients and start charting what you find. It may sound like a lot of hard work, but by understanding each element of a product, you may begin to narrow down the ingredients that cause your skin issues. The fact of the matter is some skincare products are very harsh on all skin.
- One of the most significant skincare issues is moisture loss, so make sure you moisturise regularly with a gentle moisturiser. For example, the honey in our skincare products is a humectant, which means it attracts and naturally retains moisture. A mistake people often make is thinking that oily skin needs harsh treatments when, in fact, it’s being caused by a lack of moisture.
- Which brings us to hydration. Are you drinking enough water? Hydrating from the inside is just as crucial as simply hydrating with creams.
- Be cool. If you love hot baths, did you know that they can dry out your skin? Opt for cooler, lukewarm showers. And, while you are at it, start pat-drying your skin instead of rubbing it with a towel, which can cause irritation.
- Issues with sensitive skin can cause stress, which exacerbates the situation. Why not practice relaxation techniques such as meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises to help?
- Remember that everyone’s skin is different, so what works for one person may not work for another. Finding the best skincare routine and products that suit your sensitive skin may take some trial and error. So stick with it, and be patient and gentle with your skin to find the best resolution to make your life that little bit better.
Why Bee Good Skincare May Help Your Sensitive Skin
It goes without saying that our skincare products work well with sensitive skin. The natural ingredients have all been chosen to deliver effective results without any harsh effects, centred around the healing properties of three key ingredients produced by bees.
Honey has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. It offers many benefits for the skin. Firstly, it’s a natural humectant, which means it helps retain water in the skin, making it very moisturising. It’s also antibacterial, helping to soothe and heal skin, and rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are molecules that can damage skin cells. With natural enzymes, Honey also helps to gently exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells and revealing a brighter, smoother complexion.
Honey has been shown in tests to have wound-healing properties and can help to soothe and heal minor skin irritations and burns. And with its anti-inflammatory properties, it can help to reduce redness and inflammation in the skin.
Propolis also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce redness and inflammation in the skin and can help treat conditions such as acne, eczema, and rosacea. Rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals and with antibacterial properties, it can help to prevent and treat acne and soothe and heal minor cuts and wounds.
Propolis has been shown to promote the growth and regeneration of skin cells, helping to speed up the healing process of damaged skin, including sunburns and scars.
Beeswax is another natural humectant helping to hydrate and soften the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also forms a natural barrier against external elements, which helps to lock in moisture and prevent dehydration. Beeswax also has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties and is often used in products such as moisturisers, lip balms, and salves due to its protective and nourishing properties.
The properties of the natural ingredients from bees in our skincare range can help to soothe your skin, however sensitive, and are a lot less likely to cause irritation and skin complaints.
Why not try Bee Good Skincare to see for yourself the difference our natural skincare range makes with your sensitive skin?
If you were to try just one key product, we'd suggest our Daily Cleanser and Moisturiser duo.
Our formulas use natural ingredients so this cleanser and daily moisturiser will allow you to gently, but effectively clean impurities from the skin, with a moisturiser designed to hydrate, and retain moisture, without any nasty ingredients that may irritate your sensitive skin.