Do you suffer from eczema and struggle to find a natural skincare product for your hands, body and face?
Bee Good skincare products use natural ingredients, including honey, beeswax and propolis from British Bees, making them a soothing and effective option for eczema.
If you were to buy just one product, which would we recommend? (special offer)
The effects of eczema on the skin can vary from person to person and may range from mild to severe. Some common effects of eczema on the skin include:
- Dryness: Eczema disrupts the skin’s ability to retain moisture, leading to dry and dehydrated skin. This dryness can make the skin feel rough, scaly, and tight.
- Itching: One of the hallmark symptoms of eczema is intense itching. The affected skin may become extremely itchy, which can lead to scratching. Scratching further damages the skin and can result in a cycle of itching and scratching, known as the “itch-scratch” cycle.
- Redness and inflammation: Eczema causes inflammation of the skin, leading to redness and swelling. The affected areas may appear reddish or have a more intense colour than the surrounding skin.
- Rashes and lesions: Eczema can cause various types of rashes and lesions on the skin. These may include patches of rough, raised skin, small fluid-filled blisters that may ooze or crust over, or thickened, scaly areas known as lichenification.
Sensitivity: Eczema-prone skin tends to be sensitive and may react more easily to irritants, allergens, or certain triggers. Common triggers include harsh soaps or detergents, certain fabrics, extreme temperatures, and certain foods.
- Infection: Constant scratching and breaks in the skin’s barrier can increase the risk of bacterial, viral, or fungal infections. These infections can further exacerbate the symptoms and may require medical treatment.
It’s important to note that eczema can affect different parts of the body and may vary in severity and persistence. The condition can also go through periods of flare-ups and remission, with symptoms improving or worsening over time. It is always recommended to consult a healthcare professional for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment for eczema symptoms.
Why Bee Good Skincare May Help Your Eczema
Our skincare products are centred around the healing properties of three key ingredients produced by bees.
Honey has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. It offers many benefits for the skin. Firstly, it’s a natural humectant, which means it helps retain water in the skin, making it very moisturising. It’s also antibacterial, helping to soothe and heal skin, and rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are molecules that can damage skin cells. With natural enzymes, Honey also helps to gently exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells and revealing a brighter, smoother complexion.
Honey has been shown in tests to have wound-healing properties and can help to soothe and heal minor skin irritations and burns. And with its anti-inflammatory properties, it can help to reduce redness and inflammation in the skin.
Propolis also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce redness and inflammation in the skin and can help treat conditions such as acne, eczema, and rosacea. Rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals and with antibacterial properties, it can help to prevent and treat acne and soothe and heal minor cuts and wounds.
Propolis has been shown to promote the growth and regeneration of skin cells, helping to speed up the healing process of damaged skin, including sunburns and scars.
Beeswax is another natural humectant helping to hydrate and soften the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also forms a natural barrier against external elements, which helps to lock in moisture and prevent dehydration. Beeswax also has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties and is often used in products such as moisturisers, lip balms, and salves due to its protective and nourishing properties.
Our skincare products can not get rid of your eczema, but the properties of these natural ingredients from bees can help to soothe your skin and the effects of eczema, and are a lot less likely to cause irritation and skin complaints.
Why not try Bee Good Skincare to see for yourself the difference our natural skincare range makes with your eczema?
If you were to try just one key product, we'd suggest Necta Perfecta.
The genius of this formula is that it deploys natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids – from 5 fruit enzymes – to mildly exfoliate, prompt cell regeneration and reduce skin imperfections. British Propolis and Bisabolol make for a double whammy, accelerating the skin’s natural healing process.
Use code ECZEMA at the checkout and save 20% on our Daily Moisturiser.