It’s 2017 and time for a clean start! Lift your spirits and most importantly your facial muscles with a smile and a do-it-yourself facial massage whilst you cleanse away those chilly January blues.
If like many of us you have let your skincare regime falter slightly in favour of festive frivolities, late nights, dare we say the odd evening of sleeping in your make-up (yes, it happens!) or staying away with friends and relatives without your full skincare essentials with you, then today is the perfect day to get back to basics.
‘To cleanse is to be cleansed’ and it really is at the heart of achieving healthy happy skin in 2017. If you’re suffering from any type of skin breakout, or you’re looking and feeling lack lustre and tired it’s time to invest in a good effective cleanser. There are many on the market and each is designed to suit different skin types and preferences. At Bee Good we offer two cleansers to suit your environment, the speed of application needed and your preference over a cleansing cream or cleansing water. Both contain the anti-bacterial miracle workers – honey and propolis that prevent moisture-loss and fight off impurities.
The benefit of spending a little longer massaging in a cream cleanser at this time of year is that it stimulates the circulation and gets those super-sleepy skin cells really working again, as well as providing a deeper cleanse. Combined with the cotton muslin cloth that acts as a targeted exfoliator and can be worked closely around the edge of the nose and chin where pollutants linger, it’s a powerful infection buster.
As with all great works of art if you get the canvas right the application of other products is so much easier.
Six other top tips for revitalised New Year skin:
- Clean up your act – have a really good blitz of your make up bag and get rid of any old accessories and brushes that could well be harbouring germs and tired face products. Have a clean sweep by thoroughly cleansing all your applicators – there are some great products on the market. Or invest in a few new essential tools to ensure that your make up bag is as pristine as your freshly cleansed ‘canvas’.
- Invest in a facial – if you have any Christmas monies left over and are wondering how to spend them – instead of rushing for the nearest high street bargain think about investing in a 30-minute facial to kick start the year. You don’t need to spend hours in a spa or spend a huge amount of money on a treatment – there are lots of 30 minute taster facials available that will benefit your skin for months to come and you’ll feel great too.
- Hydrate & moisturise – we keep saying it but there really is nothing better for achieving glowing skin than a combination of a good moisturiser and plenty of water. It’s not just your skin on your face that benefits too. Hydrating your body with regular intakes of water and applying a nourishing body lotion, the application of a good hand cream after washing your hands, regularly rejuvenating your boot clad feet, and applying a generous amount of lip balm will pay dividends when Spring emerges.
- Exercise – not only good for your overall morale, health and weight control importantly exercise stimulates sluggish circulation and gets the skin breathing and working as it should. It doesn’t have to be about attending a gym or running a marathon. Regular walks in the fresh air – with a barrier of moisturiser protection, and a layer of SPF on top - is the perfect antidote to alcohol and rich foods.
- Eat yourself back to health – any re-energising plans won’t be complete without a review of your eating habits. Say goodbye to pesky bad sugar, carb and fat builders and embrace nutritious new skin nourishers. Fuel yourself with omega rich fish and nuts, antioxidant fighting berries, healthy greens and heart warming porridge to keep your body and mind active.
- Smile – ok so it’s January – but that doesn’t mean you have to have the blues! Don’t they say that a smile is the shortest distance between 2 people? Plus.... did you know that it takes 12 muscles to smile and 11 to frown – that 1 extra muscle work out will definitely prevent those extra lines!!