Looking for some last minute baking inspiration? In the whirlwind of Christmas preparations, we're taking 10 minutes out to share Caroline's favourite festive Honey Biscuit recipe which she makes using our own Bee Good honey.
Keep children occupied during the holidays, keep a batch in the cupboard for when visitors call round, and don't forget to leave a couple out for that special visitor on Christmas Eve!
Caroline's Honey Biscuits
Makes 20-25 biscuits
175g Unsalted Butter
200g caster sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
360g self raising flour
- Heat oven to 180c
- Stir butter, sugar and honey in a small saucepan over a low heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Cool to room temperature (stirring intermittently will speed this up. I would say at least 30 mins - it is important it is cool otherwise the eggs will scramble in the next stage!)
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix until stiff. Add a little more flour if wet to touch.
- Roll mixture into balls (walnut size) between palms. The bigger the ball, the bigger the biscuit.
- Place on a baking tray covered in greaseproof/baking paper and flatten slightly. Place 4cm apart as they will spread out a little bit when cooking. I use 4 trays, 2 at a time and you can re-use the paper for following batches.
- Cook in batches at 180c for 10-12mins or until golden brown. Allow to cool on tray for a few minutes before lifting onto a cooling rack.
Enjoy when cold - if you can wait that long!