Despite the weather being more than a little autumnal, one thing we know will bring an immediate smile to your lips is the news that our delicious NEW lip balm launches today.
Voted as your out and out favourite flavour in our Great British Lip Balm competition earlier this year, our NEW Raspberry & White Chocolate lip balm contains a wealth of the bee based and botanical ingredients you’ve come to love from our original Vanilla & Honey Lip Balm, to ensure conditioned and bee-autifully soft lips as well as tasting super yummy.
So what does it take to conjure up a Bee Good lip balm?!
At the heart of our formulation is British beeswax and a trio of oils, crambe, echium and borage, that work in harmony to deliver results that are both effective and long lasting.
We’re proud to work closely with trusted suppliers and beekeepers and one such supplier is Rob Field – one of our key providers of honey, propolis and beeswax. You can find beeswax at the heart of many things including candle manufacturing and furniture polish. It’s an essential natural barrier for protection and conditioning and its role in skincare is exactly that. A natural alternative to petroleum jelly it provides a film of protection to the skin at the same time as allowing the skin to breathe.
Like other beehive products, including honey, beeswax offers anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral benefits making it suitable for treating minor skin irritations so it’s especially good for cracked and sore lips.
We combine this wonder bee ingredient with our three British botanicals:
- Borage, one of the richest sources of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) helping to lock in moisture to the skin.
- Echium, incredibly high in Stearidonic Acid (SDA) an omega 3 rich fatty acid that has anti-inflammatory benefits and is especially suited to drier skins.
- Crambe, with a strong concentration of Erucic Acid - Omega 9 it’s highly effective at protecting against dehydration acting as an emollient and a lubricant for the lips.
The final ingredients are what give this lip balm it’s magnetic personality...
Reminiscent of warm, hazy, British summer days raspberry is not only a very British flavour, but as a bee-friendly plant, it certainly gets the vote from the Bee Good bees! The subtle, fruity raspberry notes are balanced perfectly with the sweetness of the chocolate which adds a touch of indulgence; a little way to get your chocolate fix without the calories, and at 99.8% natural it’s truly packed full of goodness!
To get you ready for your new lip treat here are our 3 ‘top tips for tip top lips’.
As lips have no natural oils or sweat glands they are exposed to many irritants and all ‘the elements’ including our desire to lick them to keep them moisturised - which can exacerbate dry and sore lips.
- If your lips are feeling dry, always apply. Keep a lip balm handy wherever you are and apply as often as you need.
- Try not to chew or pick at lips. Instead gently exfoliate dry lips with a soft toothbrush or flannel before applying a lip balm.
- Kissing won’t replace what’s missing - our breath can instantly dry out lips and therefore it’s important to be prepared and take action afterwards to keep your lips in tip-top condition and ready for the re-run!
Deeply nourish, soften and protect dry or chapped lips
with our NEW Raspberry & White Chocolate Lip Balm - Buy it here.