If you’ve never tried a Facial Oil now is a great time to add one to your skincare routine.
There are two reasons I wouldn’t be without one. The first is the massive boost of moisturisation that they deliver and the second is the high levels of antioxidants they contain to fight free radical damage and skin ageing. However there’s one other massive benefit to using a facial oil and that’s the fact that it makes a wonderful massage medium, but more of that later.
Our new Replenishing Facial Oil with Lunaria and Meadow Flower oils is a skin treatment serum with a unique blend of very special oils. Lunaria Seed Oil comes from the Honesty plant which is loved by bees. This oil is light and silky but has a high level of linoleic acid which restores moisturise to the skin and helps to protect it from the environment. The other oils in the blend all come from bee-friendly flowers such as Borage and Camelina.
You only need to use a little facial oil to deeply replenish dry, thirsty skin to reduce dehydration and smooth the complexion. A more hydrated skin is more light-reflective and therefore looks healthier, and dare I say it, younger.
You can use a facial Oil alone or under a moisturiser. I use mine at night before bed and in the daytime under my moisturiser if my skin is feeling particularly dry. You can also add a drop to foundation if you’re wearing make-up just to give it a more moisturising, less heavy texture.
Using a Facial Oil before bed becomes part of a skincare ritual that’s easy to adopt and will give you huge benefits. The skin needs a good blood supply to nourish it and effective lymphatic drainage to remove toxins and dead cells. A two-minute massage with your facial oil will boost essential oxygen and nutrients for cell regeneration.
Facial Massage Routine
- After thoroughly cleansing your skin, use the dropper to place two to three drops of oil into the palm of one hand and warm it by massaging in circular motions with the fingertips of your other hand.
- With fingertips pat a little of the oil onto your throat, chin, cheeks and forehead.
- Begin massaging in upward strokes outwards, toward the ears and hairline. Use circular movements on the forehead with the pads of your fingertips.
- Repeat until the oil is absorbed and your skin is glowing (usually a couple of minutes) but avoid the eye area and dragging the skin.
- You can add moisturiser or sunscreen if you are going outside, or make-up if you wish. At night time leave the skin to absorb the benefits of the oil while you sleep.