A relaxing bath has to be one of the best ways to de-stress and calm a busy mind. Half an hour’s soak can help lower blood pressure, calm breathing and reduce anxiety.
A warm bath can also reduce muscle tension, aid breathing and relax the whole body. In fact, just the act of focusing on a bathing ritual is nourishing to our psyche, especially when times are so turbulent and stress is part of our everyday lives. Baths can also improve mood and help alleviate depression as well as aid in a restful night’s sleep.
Adding essential oils and other natural ingredients to your bath can bring added benefits to both your mind and body. At Bee Good, we add essential oils to our mineral bath soaks as well as Honey which has skin-smoothing benefits thanks to its amino acids and antioxidants.
How to create a wellness bathing experience.
- Ideally, a bathroom should be clean and without clutter. That means keeping all your bottles and products in a cupboard, cabinet or somewhere out of site. This helps to allow the mind to feel more relaxed.
- Add a few candles to give a more relaxing ambience.
- Fill your bath with water that’s not too hot. You should be able to step in without being scalded.
- Add a Bath Soak that contains relaxing essential oils that can be inhaled to trigger a soothing olfactory response. Mineral salts in a bath soak help to detoxify the body and relax the muscles. The addition of Honey in Bee Good Therapeutic Bath Soaks softens the skin to leave it really smooth.
- Add some soothing music to aid relaxation.
- Tell all children, partners or pets not to disturb you.
- Soak for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- After your bath, pat dry and apply nourishing body lotion to complete the ritual.
Try Bee Good Therapeutic Rose and Geranium Soothing Bath Soak and our Chamomile and Lavender Calming Bath Soak.